|Things They've Said About Us
Greg Bland, CEO of TTD, was formerly the CEO of the D.C. Society of Young Professionals. Here are some of the thousands of positive comments he collected through the years:
Live On Penn
- I meet my husband at your Progressive party a year ago and wanted to share our story with you. Without DC Young Professionals party, we likely would never have met. … We were married on August 2, 2003. He is in South Africa now and I will be joining him soon to spend the rest of our lives together. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to meet. - Laurie
- My boyfriend and I attended the New Year's Eve 2004 event and wanted to share what a wonderful night we had. It was so much fun being able to bounce from room to room, enjoying all the varieties of music, decor, and food/beverages. Neither of us exaggerate when we say this, but it was seriously, the best night of our lives. - Amy S. (& Terry)
- I would like to say that I had a most enjoyable time on your Iceland trip and I commend all those that put this trip together. It exceeded my expectations in every way. The organization displayed was top notch. I look forward to future events and future trips. Kudos to all those involved. Thank you. - Jeff
- Just a quick note to say, "Congratulations to you and your team!" on another successful completion of a great event--this time at the Hong Kong "Embassy"! My friend and I had a great time, and we also learned about the history of Hong Kong! I am glad that so many people came, despite the bad weather. You had a very interesting and attractive mix of people! I hope you rest well tonight (you seemed to be very busy during the party!) to prepare for more great events in the upcoming weeks. - Miki
- As my wedding gift from my husband says, "March 28, 2003 - the numbers that changed my life forever." He had those words famed next to the napkin I wrote my phone number on at the VIP Club Progressive Party back in March 2003. It's plain and simple, just like many of your other stories, but worth reiterating one more time: I would not have met the man of my dreams who has recently become my husband, if it were not for your parties. I attended your parties for over a year before meeting Chris, when I was new in town, and was always drawn back to attend again, and probably will be for life. This organization was my saving grace twice - once to get me acquainted with a new town and meet new friends, and second to meet my future husband. A well-deserved "Thank You" goes out to all of you.
- It was a pleasure meeting you at the home buying seminar yesterday evening and I'd like to thank you for providing the opportunity to speak. It was a truly a pleasure to speak to such an interested and focused audience, and by the number of people who stayed after the presentations to ask questions, I am confident that the session was beneficial to all who attended. Additionally, with the number of calls I've received so far today regarding credit approval, it is clear that many of the attendees are quite serious and are making the first step. As well, I want to commend you on your tremendous successes... - Wesley Burdette
- On June 19, I attended a performance by Washington Symphony Orchestra at the Wyndham Hotel. I was just looking for something to do and that sounded interesting to me. Luckily, it sounded interesting to someone else too. Mark and I sat two seats away from each other and hardly spoke during the performance and discussion, but we did wind up taking the blue line back to the Pentagon together and Mark asked me for my business card and emailed me the next day. To make a 5 month story short, I'd like to tell you that we became engaged on Saturday night at the Inn at Little Washington. I can't thank you enough for putting these events together. I am sure that there are numerous other stories like ours, but we just wanted to let you know that because of you we found love. Thank you! - Heather and Mark
- I just had to tell someone involved how much fun I had on Saturday night. I've been seeing live music since 1980, and I've never seen a stage so strategically set up as to include the Capitol Building as the backdrop. What a great stage set up. Food and drinks were plentiful and somewhat reasonably priced. The security was nice, helpful, respectful, and actually listened when you spoke to them. EVERYTHING about Live on Penn was a success in my view. All I can say is WOW. What a great time, what a great festival, what a great idea. Sincerely, John M.
- Just wanted to send you all a note, thanking you for bringing some fantastic music to DC and giving us something to do on Saturdays. I appreciate all your hard work. Scott Just wanted to drop you a line to thank you on behalf of the band and our crew for inviting us to be part of such a great show on Saturday. Your whole production set up was fantastic and the vibe was tremendous. We really had a good time and would love to work with you again. It really was a pleasure. Thanks to you and you folks for doing such a great job! - John Flansburg, They Might Be Giants
- The big 'W' missed the gig but judging from the size of the crowd, the rest of DC came to play. Before the show I got a chance to take a walk with my family and see the sites around the Washington Mall and enjoy the beautiful weather. I must admit that the Capitol made a wonderful backdrop for the show. I would like to thank all of the people who waited in line at the Tower Records booth for autographs, it's wonderful to have a chance to meet some of our most loyal fans. - Live